Welcome to Underbone Tuner

Underbone tuner is a free online magazine for Underbones, Scooters, Backbones and occasionally we might squeeze in a big bike or two . We have been covering small motorcycles modifying culture for over 8 years already and still counting. We have the latest updates/news on motorcycle racing events from all over the country such as circuit, motocross, flat track, endurance, trail and supermoto. We cover motorshows from all over the country. We cover the latest bike launches and the latest trends in bike modifying culture.

But at the core of Underbone Tuner is the bike modifying / customizing culture. We scour the country for the best motorcycle builders/modifiers. We feature the owners of these amazing bikes and the talented teams and individuals behind these bikes. We give you the story behind those builds and hopefully we inspire others to keep this fascinating culture alive.

This website is dedicated to all motorcycle enthusiasts, this our life, this is our passion, this is who we are. We may be riding different bikes but we share the same fascination and love for motorcycles. We are all brothers in two wheels.


Saturday, July 8, 2017

"Kapala" the Multi Cultural Tattoo inspired Yamaha Mio Soul-i from Cebu

By: Arnel B. Santos-Ynigo

For this week we are featuring a scoot from the Soul-i Exclusive Team of Cebu.
The scoot is owned by Rollen "Hotroll" Aguanta an online freelancer, a tattoo enthusiast,
photography enthusiast and a gamer. He has been modifying his scoot since he got it, trying
to improve its functionality and looks. It is also a canvas that reflects his personality
and beliefs.

"My bike is inspired by my fondness of tattoo. I've been fond of tattoo ever since I was a kid, I love how such a beautiful art form can have so much meaning behind it. Even a skull can have so much story and so much meaning depending on its origin or culture. In the case of my bike as you can quickly notice it has a skull with jewelry and gems on its called "Tibetan skull" thats why I name my
bike "Kapala" which means skull. This symbol has a personal attachment to me. The "tibetan skull" reflects on how I love my life now that if ever I have to live again it would still be this way. The "two face demon and buddha" signifies my good and bad side. the "foo dog" signifies its protection on me and my bike. the "phoenix" signifies on how strong I am, that no hardship can bring me down
and lastly the "skull with inri" signifies my fate to Jesus."

Rollen wanted his scoot to be of Show Bike quality but also function as his daily driver.
The bike is now 3 years old and has 32,000 on its odometer but it remains ever reliable.  He is one
of the pioneer modifiers of Mio Soul-i in Cebu, but modifying the scoot has not been easy. The
biggest challenge for him was the availablity of after market parts and accessories because shops and
parts manufacturers in Thailand did not make yet parts specific to the Mio Soul-i so he had to
do some custom machining to integrate the parts into the scoot.

"The most satisfying aspect of my hobby is when I see peoples faces woowing at my bike every time they see it. Even at traffic light stops, all of the other motorist can't stop admiring my bike as they would always say its a like a motorshow wherever my bike goes. So that inspired me
to join a motorshow once and i won the 1st place best in modified. But motorshows is not really my thing because most of the bikes in the show are not road worthy or not best for daily driven like I want." Rollen reiterated during an interview.


CATCH THE FULL DETAILS ON THE PAGES OF INSIDE RACING MAGAZINE.

JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO VIEW IN HIGH RESOLUTION.













No comments:


Powered By Blogger

underbone tuner trends

underbone racing, underbone racing parts and accessories, scooter racing, scooter racing parts, accessories, racing kits, underbone circuit racing, underbone dirt racing, motocross, bikeshows, mtrt, dbs, yamaha fz16, honda cbr150, takegawa, rextor, skydrive, 150cc, klx150, nob1, dbs, racing boy, underbone motorcycles, underbone parts, xrm motard, supermoto, motard, underbone motorcycle & custom accessories, customized underbones, customized scooters, underbone racing parts, underbone drag racing, scooter drag racing, mtrt racing parts, racing cdi, drag racing, dirt rally cross, underbone race results, bike show results, drag race results, underbones, philippines, underbone racing news, Yamaha SZ-16, Yamaha FZ16, Yamaha Vega Force, Mio Soul, Suzuki Raider 150, Modified Aerox, Modified NMAX, Yamaha NMAX, Yamaha Scrambler